Extended weekend wrapup
hey, so again, long time no blog…Its been tough because of all the papers, studying, finals coming up and getting ready to graduate and then start research and then head to grad school…a lot of stuff going on. now, let’s get to the cards; lots going on and I will not stop if I start so lets do this bullet point style:
- the cardinals lost yesterday to the reds, 4-3. arroyo pitched a decent game, a quality start; 6 innings and 3 earned runs. he is really a decent pitcher that’s not faired well the last two seasons in his home park because its very hitter friendly. if he was on the cardinals, he’d be real good. on the plus side, Ank hit is fifth of the season; it was a solo shot.
- turns out, babyface will not be sent to the minors but put on the dl because they say he has right elbow inflammation. whatever that means…hopefully its nothing serious but I beg to differ with the cards medical staff.
- tony keeps doing what he’s been doing all his career, that is, going against the grain. ludwick hit leadoff last night, it did not work out so well because lud went 0 for 5 with 4 k’s…that’s just one night though. too small of a sample size.
- our old friend, walt jocketty became the gm of the cincy reds. is anyone really surprised? I expected him to eventually end up as the gm whether it was sooner or later. anyways, I’m sincerely happy for walt and I wish him the best of luck.
- one of the most beloved recent cardinals, matty mo, was released a couple of days ago. its sad to see since the guy is only 33. seems like his arm is really tired, I hope its not the end of the road for him, its said that he will probably retire. If I was the cards, I give ol’ matty a minor league deal and send him to memphis to see what he still got. it wont hurt and if he is any good, bring him up! give morris one more shot, for old times sake!
- finally, great baseball against the ‘stros last weekend with a lot of intrigue and really close games. glaus finally hit his first homer of the season. it got really heated a couple of times in teh series due to scuffles and bench clearings because of people throwing at people. the worst one was when backe basically threw at molina’s head. I kind of like it as long as no one gets hurt. it gives the rivalry more intrigue. I don’t know about you, but I think the cardinals’ real rivals in this division are the astros. ever since the 2004 and 2005 nlcs’s, its been great to watch these two teams duke it out. its almost always competitive baseball and great pitching duels or slugfest and the games are always toe to toe. the cubs are the old rivals, but I think it really has lost its zest because of winning big by either team or the cardinals/cubs being basically noncompetitors at times.
that’s it, hoepfully it won’t be too long before I post again. should be back to full force by middle of april; graduation is on may 17th!